vitavalka

Exporting to PDF makes a single-page file instead of multiple pages in new version of Affinity Designer

Hello.

Does anyone have a problem with the recently updated Designer, that causes PDFs to be exported as one single page, instead of multiple pages? I'm on Mac and my customer on Windows and we both have same issue. The workaround is Save As Copy, but it's not ideal as I had presets in Export Persona per file. This applies to any file, created in the new version or previous versions, so I belive it is not related to the file, but to the recent update.

I have Affinity Designer 1.6.1 on mac and my customer something like 1.6.4 or so.

Thx for help!

To add more info: It relates to the "complete file" item in the exported slices list. That should create several PDFs as per number of Artboards, with cutting marks etc.

Hi vitavalka

For multi page PDF export go to File > Export and use this method as it is designed more for full document exporting

The export persona behaviour has changed to bring it in line with how other export formats handle multi artboard documents

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thank you Chris. Understood.

Unfortunatelly the previous behavior maked way more sense (even being non-standardised to other formats) as when I wanted to export a PDF file it was always multipage document in usually two formats, one for print and one for web (preview). So I had a way how to do all that at once together with exporting the particular assets. Usual case was a design manual, where I've exported all with one click in Export Persona.

Now I have to Save a Copy once for print, and select a particular Template (that I need to remember to select) and twice for the web version. And then go to Export Persona to export assets. So compared to previous behavior, the workload is significantly higher. And for the uncommon need of exporting all artboards on a single PDF, I could always create a big manual slice for that purpose.

Just thinking loud.