You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone....I have noticed that when selecting in Affinity Photo, unlike other programs that I have used,

I cannot tell whether the selection has snapped to the very edge of the frame... most other programs the jagged moving line, indicating the edge of the selection, snaps to the edge of the frame and you see this moving line all around. For example if I select the sky, say the top half of a photo... in Affinity I simply see one moving line

through the centre of the image, in other programs I would see an entire box... the line through the centre of the image and one along the top edge of the frame and also a line down each side... thereby in Affinity if I invert the selection I still see just one moving line through the centre of the photo... in effect thereby one cannot tell whether the top half or the bottom half of the photo has been selected. How do I arrange it so I see the entire selected box with the moving selection indicator line along all edges including right on each edge of the photo. 

Well this wont arrange the selection but if you press Q (Quick mask) it immediately shows what is selected in red. Or rather, what is not selected is shown in red.

Ants showing the sky is selected.

ants.jpg.95641407cce5377d26041efb1af1be5a.jpg

Quick mask

qm.jpg.ae06fc12bda555d2aa5eb8984958ed5e.jpg

That makes it very clear what is selected. In Quick mask you can also move or edit the selection area.

Press Q again to get back to normal ants mode.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Thank you for the quick response everyone....the issue I mentioned is not a serious one...easy to work around.

Overall, I am pleased with Affinity Photo. Most of my work so far is scanning in old slides and negatives with my

Nikon scanner. Slides are amazing, lovely colour, very little fading although a touch contrasty. Not so much luck

with colour negs....stains and colour shifts, I think a lot depends on the chemical processing years ago as some negs

have few stains and colour is easy to correct...others green skies etc. and blue finger prints !! Slow speed ( 100 ASA) B/W films

scan great but lots of spotting...fast films ( 400 ASA ) grain is an issue. I have found Affinity Photo has outstanding repair and blemish

removal tools.. the best I have used so far !! Perfect for old film scans. Thanks again. Kevin