You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please help me out. I would like to know if it is possible to make a lens correction to multiple photos at once by

batch process? If it possible, how does it happen in Affinity Photo? 

It seems like an awful slow process done one by one.

Or is there another convenient way to do this? 

Thank you! :12_slight_smile:

You can try batch processing of RAWs, but make first sure that the lens correction option is enabled inside the Develop Assistent settings. Further check afterwards if lens corrections have been really applied automatically for the processed images.

See also:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thank you for your answers! I will try them out today.

In case I will Batch process multiple files and make a lens correction, I am able to save them in RAW form or is there another alternative to save in order to preserve details? I have another program that I like to use to edit pictures called Luminar. I would like to bring RAW files to Luminar, which doesn't have lens correction to my knowledge. 

I am still rather new to these of the programs. 

Cheers guys! :)

5 hours ago, Rosenca said:

I am able to save them in RAW form or is there another alternative to save in order to preserve details?

RAW files are essentially read-only. No image-editing software will write a RAW file. You can save as a tiff if you want to open the image in another program whilst preserving detail.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

According to these sources here about Luminar 2018 ...

... it supports lens correction and batch processing too. - So you have to try out.

Related to RAW files, what John said above is correct usually a software (especially image-editing software) doesn't alter the original cam RAW files.

Though exceptions confirm the rule, some older specialized RAW converter/processor can, for example the former Nikon Captute NX2 had this ability and was able to save processed NEF (Nikons RAW format) files again as NEFs. However, nowadays in their actual replacement software (called NX-D) they keep sidecar files instead and don't alter NEFs anymore.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2