You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi!  Is there anyway I can save a custom page preset as a template?  For example, Facebook Page Cover template, Instagram Post template, Business Cards template, etc. with different sizes for each template.  I'm currently using Affinity Designer desktop.  I've tried to find answers and had no luck.  Did find this but it did not have the solution:

Please let me know - this would be such a huge help!

No you can't setup own page presets for inside reuse of AD, but you can make your own AD general files for reuse as templates here instead. - So for FB as example just setup a new plain 851x315 pixel document and save that as an AD file named FB-Template.afdesign etc.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 minute ago, v_kyr said:

No you can't setup own page presets for inside reuse of AD, but you can make your own AD general files for reuse as templates here instead. - So for FB as example just setup a new plain 851x315 pixel document and save that as an AD file named FB-Template.afdesign etc.

That is what I'm currently doing.  No problem - will keep doing that way.  Thanks for getting back to me quickly, v_kyr!

1 hour ago, DKGroup said:

Hi!  Is there anyway I can save a custom page preset as a template?  For example, Facebook Page Cover template, Instagram Post template, Business Cards template, etc. with different sizes for each template.  I'm currently using Affinity Designer desktop.  I've tried to find answers and had no luck.  Did find this but it did not have the solution:

You could do it if you use Artboards and Assets.

Draw rectangles the size of the pages you want, then add them to Assets, maybe in a category called Pages.

Drag them from the Assets panel and go Layer > Convert Object to Artboard. Voila, page templates in any size you want, all in the Assets panel.

ass.jpg.572dfdc539129a467211ec48844a972c.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 2 years later...

Yes, just export your page as a template from File/Export as Template... and then add the folder you saved it to as a templates folder (when using New... / from template).

Would be nice, though, to have a save as template action in the file menu, which would automatically set the .aftemplate file extension and also provide you with the known template locations from where to choose the save location from, alternatively save it to a custom location.

Just noticed that there is the Export as Template action. Missing here is just the selection of the known template storage folders...

Edited by silkentrance

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @silkentrance.

Two comments:

1. The prior post in this topic was nearly 3 years ago. Export as Template did not exist then.
  2. If you want to suggest an improvement, you need to use the Feature Requests and Suggestions forum. Your idea would generally fall into the existing theme of remembering folder locations, but it is more specific given that Templates have a specific location established by the user, so it seems reasonable to suggest.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1