mqudsi

Reproducible crash when resizing object in embedded document past page borders

9 posts in this topic

Hey mqudsi,

Any chance of getting the file(s) from you? I've just tried it with a few of my documents and I can't reproduce it. With your report and the file it will be easier for dev to fix. If you need to keep the file private use this link to our private Dropbox. 

@Chris B the file is attached. Click the logo embedded document in the very center and then diagonal resize it past the rulers at the bottom-left corner of the workspace (so it's the workspace boundary and not the artboard boundaries, sorry).

Just reproduced under 1.6.4.104 with these instructions.

CPSA Flag.afdesign

I got the crash when I select the embedded document and then click Edit Document and then resize. I'll get this passed over. Thanks :) 

Thanks, @Chris B

I would appreciate if you could post a beta build with the fix for this as soon as it's available. It happens in a lot of other cases when simply moving or resizing regular content in embedded documents (not just past the edge of the canvas), I lost a lot of work yesterday thanks to this combined with the lack of ctrl+s within an embedded document.

Usually we come back to threads and close them once we know the bug is fixed so that's a good indication as to when to look out for a beta release.

I've just been checking something else and noticed I get a crash when the image is on a cloud folder. When it is local, it doesn't crash. Are your files stored locally or on the cloud?

I don't know if you're seeing the same crash that I'm seeing, because mine traced back to a null dereference in libraster during the draw operation.

I got the crash locally too. It just doesn't seem to happen as often for me. I've updated the bug report with dev.