You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, Is there a way to make gaussian blur scale in proportion to everything else when you resize a vector image in affinity designer? 

I'm finding that i have to constantly go back into the image and change all the items that have gaussian blur so that the image looks the same as it did when it was smaller/bigger.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi Karlton81,

Welcome to the forums :)

Are you using the Gaussian blur adjustment or the Gaussian blur Layer FX? If possible could you provide an example of this issue?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

22 minutes ago, Callum said:

Hi Karlton81,

Welcome to the forums :)

Are you using the Gaussian blur adjustment or the Gaussian blur Layer FX? If possible could you provide an example of this issue?

Thanks

C

Hey Callum, 

I'm using the Gaussian blur tab next to my layers tab. see attached. 

I've worked out (with the help of the forum) to be able to make the stroke scale in proportion just not the G blur.

if you see from the two examples i have attached one is original size the other is scaled up, the blur doesn't scale in proportion. 

Thanks

Karl 

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 13.33.05.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 13.38.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 13.41.29.png

• Staff

Hi karlton81,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Double Click the FX icon on the bottom of the Layers panel to open the Layer Effects dialog, select all layers/objects to which you have applied the Gaussian Blur effect then tick the Scale with object checkbox on the bottom left of that dialog to apply the change to all. You can then rescale the objects as usual - the effects should also scale with them.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi karlton81,

Double Click the FX icon on the bottom of the Layers panel to open the Layer Effects dialog, select all layers/objects to which you have applied the Gaussian Blur effect then tick the Scale with object checkbox on the bottom left of that dialog to apply the change to all. You can then rescale the objects as usual - the effects should also scale with them.

Hey MEB,

Thank you, I will give it a try :)

7 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi karlton81,

Hi MEB, 

It worked, thank you. But is there anyway to set it as default?

Thanks

Karl