You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any possibility to combine some "strokes" per painting as just one step? I do not want to set the color for each "stroke" separately, i want the first color is valid for all sub-strokes!

Any trick for doing that?

EDIT:

If i set the color before the macro-painting all strokes get that color, but if i apply this macro to a new doc, the macro-paint is using the current color, but with a recolor its comfortably editable, except the current color is complete black/white or no-color. Any idea how to skip this possible trap?

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• Staff

Hi Polgonius,

I'm not sure if I understand your issue completely. When I create a macro with brush strokes they keep the colour they were created with what happens when you try it?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

27 minutes ago, Callum said:

When I create a macro with brush strokes they keep the colour they were created with what happens when you try it?

Hi callum,

that is SOMETIMES true.

In the zip are 2 macros booth painted with 255/0/0. 

The first one takes "its" color, the second one takes the current doc color. 

The second one has a step more, before painting, the color for painting was choosen after this step, so it should never influence the result, but it does.

Archive.zip

If you want to get some drawn object etc. to have a specific initial color here then it depends how you recorded the macro. So if you record a color change too, then that color change is taken into account when (re)playing the macro. Otherwise if initial color changes aren't recorded for a macro, you would have first to change the used document color before executing/playing a macro.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

If you want to get some drawn object etc. to have a specific initial color here then it depends how you recorded the macro. So if you record a color change too, then that color change is taken into account when (re)playing the macro. Otherwise if initial color changes aren't recorded for a macro, you would have first to change the used document color before executing/playing a macro.

Thank you, but i found another way: It depends WHEN you select the color for paining. If you select before record the macro it will not taken as part of the macro, but if you choose it, during recordin g the macro it will later give you the choosen color by reply this macro later in any new document, it will overwrite the current color setting. 

Select a color is not listed as step of the macro, but it seems it is still existing, but hidden inside this.

And there is another trap: Do not write the macro with the "back(stroke)color" as active - if you want working that color under all circumstances you must set the same back/for color, or take later part that the right one of both is in active state.

Try it: Take this macro look inside and look at your for/back color.

Are there more hidden recordings? It would useful to know that. 

Colorchanger.afmacro

11 hours ago, Polygonius said:

Thank you, but i found another way: It depends WHEN you select the color for paining. If you select before record the macro it will not taken as part of the macro, but if you choose it, during recordin g the macro it will later give you the choosen color by reply this macro later in any new document, it will overwrite the current color setting. ...

Pretty much the same like I already said above. - I already know these shortcomings, since I evaluated them some longer time ago when I looked at what Affinity macros can do and offer at all and what not.

Are there more hidden recordings? It would useful to know that.

There are for sure, like aligning/distributing layers etc. - Also "File->Place..." seems to can be recorded now.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2