You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am using scanned large format images in the architecture biz. Sometimes I need to correct building anomalies. So when I open an image file and display a grid, it comes in light grey, which is rather useless in many cases because of white buildings or bright skies.

Is there any chance that you implement a feature or an option to set a different color for the grid?

In addition: The snapping is really bad, not to say it doesn't work at all. No snap to guide lines, no snap to grid, nada, even though I have enabled the snapping. I've set the radius to 0, 8, 15 and 22 pixel - no difference.

When I use a mesh to straighten building corners, I need a snapping to the guide lines or at least to the grid (btw, same problem in Affinity Designer).

I know the speed is kind of slow on my 8.1 iMac with a 3.06 Core Duo with 6 GB RAM, particularly with the very large images (13.092 x 8.728 pixels, ~650 MB per file), but somehow the speed appears a bit slow compared to my other 16 bit image editor (PhotoLine, not PhotoShop!)

Also loading a file takes a long time - some 16 seconds compared to 4 seconds to my old app - from my external FireWire 800 HD (WD).

Even if AP will be slower than my old app, I like to have a precise tool, and this includes a precise snapping.

Any help will be appreciated!

hobbyists discuss new camera features

photographers discuss new software

masters discuss light

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.