You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

inconsistency in parameter scaling AP versus Photoshop

I have worked quite a lot with AP on the iPad pro during a trip and now exported psd-files for further fine tuning in Photoshop at my desktop computer. 

I have found out that there is an inconsistency in the AP parameter scaling of adjustment layers when opened in Photoshop.

For instance a black&white conversion with the AP setting red=green=yellow=50%, blue=cyan=magenta=0

will open in PS as red=green=yellow=127, blue=cyan=magenta=0, which gives a totally overexposed picture. 

To get the correct tonal values in the picture as with AP I have to change the Photoshop setting to red=green=yellow=50. 

I attach the corresponding screen shots...

IMG_2568.thumb.PNG.bffcc3df1e219e848b2d31a14febe0fd.PNG5aae95618f80d_Bildschirmfoto2018-03-18um16_38_24.thumb.png.ed2f09c74ff2d9e1cb0805a78ba6a795.png

The same happens for lightness/contrast:  An AP setting of lightness=10% will result in a PS value of 25. 

It seems that all AP percentage values are stored in the psd file with reference to the value 255.

This is quite annoying because it means that I have to rescale all parameters in Photoshop to get the same tonal values as with AP. 

A similar bug appears in the size change of a document. If I have a document size of 2100x2800 px with 300 dpi and I choose <centimeters> instead of <pixels> the program offers me the silly values of 2100x2800 cm instead of computing the actual document size which would be 2100/300*2,54=17,78cm width and  2800/300*2,54=23,71cm height. Likewise I can choose <inch> to end up with the total nonsense of 2100x2800 inch.....

Greetings, Stephan

• Staff

Hi Stephen,

This is something that is a known issue and is currently logged with our developers to be fixed. Hopefully it will be fixed in one of the next few updates!

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.