You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

So I'm having a little trouble with my ColorMunki at the moment and was doing a little googling, came across this;

https://www.xritephoto.eu/colormunki-display-with-free-affinity-photo.html

Got me more than a little excited :)

I know it's a bit of a leap but.... Please please tell me Affinity are going to work with X-Rite to have colour passport integration and profiling build into AP

This is number one on my wish list actually I'd give up the rest of my list just to get this! :D

Regards

Hi v_kyr,

I was aware of the many wishing this feature and that thread but I hadn't seen Patrick's last comment so thanks for the link. Interesting that he's openly asking for clarification rather that keeping it in house.

I'm keeping everything crossed, it would be such a win for them.

Regards

Referenced it to make more clear that there isn't actually any Affinity build-in support for such calibrations tools, even some calibration tools companies (like X-Rite) may offer bundles for some of their products together with Affinity Photo. - Here only independently working hardware/software tools, meaning those who generally create ICC format profiles based completely on their own hardware/software solutions and thus are usable independently from any photo + graphics software can be used. Since the later (Affinity, PS or whatever) are just reusing then the generic ICC profiles build by such tools.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

BTW some ArgyllCMS based tools like CoCa (ICC Color Camera Calibrator) do support various calibration targets (IT8 targets, the usual Xrite ColorChecker, etc.). - Your ColorMunki is also supported by DisplayCAL.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2