You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hard to tell without knowing what the unhandled exception tells as the cause of all evil. It might be some DLL access problem due to installation/update, some sort of OS blocking etc. etc. The cause can have several different reasons and usually the expanded log of an unhandled exception message tells more concrete here what, where and why the cause occurs.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hi @Bobby45 What version of windows 10 exactly are you using, the Windows 10 Creators update seems to be making a mess of some programs being able to run, so check your windows update history.

Search for msinfo32 or System Information and press Enter, this will get you some info on your system like version etc, should look like this:

system-information-windows-10.thumb.jpg.302eb6f122abf97d6be92d5362489284.jpg

There is also a post here about unhandled exceptions 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi Bobby,

+1 to the replies above

I recently had issues with blue screening on windows 10 home when using AP. turned out to be an issue with my wireless mouse! Nothing to do with AP. AP just happens to be my most used application. There have been some pretty big updates to home edition recently and it's difficult to pin these things down when there is nothing in logs to go on. It's a pain!

So far the above doesn't help much and doesn't tell anything about the real exception cause. Thus answers so far can only speculate here.

What is instead needed is a copy of the trace text (full log) of the exception panel itself ...

exception_error.png.6d73cad39a8c6fbb725e439948f42d4e.png

... aka all the detailed text stuff shown below "............ Exception Text ............" here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 hour ago, Bobby45 said:

Thanks Harrym,

I don't use a wireless mouse but could be a problem with something else.

bob

Yip, didn't expect that to be the issue really just posted my experience as an example.

Maybe start by disabling as much as possible

Hope you get things sorted

Regards

• Staff

Hi Bobby,

Can you please follow the steps below to extract the Windows Event log and I will check if the cause of the error was logged

1)     Type Event Viewer in the search box and Click the Event Viewer

2)     In the Windows Logs, Right click on the Application and select Save Events As..

3)     Name the file crash and keep the .evtx file type

4)     Send me the saved file