richardmillward

AP 1.6.7 crashes on opening RAW files from Fuji X100S (.RAF)

I'm unable to open/develop RAW files generated by a Fujifilm X100S camera (in Fuji's .RAF file format). In the past (AP v1.5) I was able to open them no problem... I'm running Affinity Photo 1.6.7 on Mac OS 10.13.2. Example attached below. Any assistance would be helpful.

DSCF9968.RAF

Hi richardmillward

I;m not able to get any crashes her the file seems to be opening fine for me. Although it hasn't affected it here, can you try going in to the develop assistant, switching the raw engine and seeig if it open any better for you?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi,

I think I got something rather similar with Affinity Photo 1.6.7 running on Mac OSX 10.9.5 when I try to open Canon RAW files when switching the RAW engine to Apple Core engine (instead of Serif Labs one).

If I open the RAW file before switching, it crashes when switching. If I switch then open the file, it crashes as well. The crash dump in attachment was generated by the former method.

If I open the RAW file without switching, it's OK.

I noticed it was already like that with version 1.6.6 ;)

This happens with any of my RAW files (always Canon), 6000x4000.

Anything I could try to help you debugging this (and me, BTW) ?

Any hint ? Any help ?

Thanks in advance,    Regards,    G.G.

Affinity_Photo_Bug_Report.rtf

Hi richardmillward,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To change the RAW engine used by Affinity Photo, go to menu View ▸ Assistant Manager... (in Photo Persona), click the Develop Assistant... button on the bottom left to switch to the Develop Assistant then change the first dropdown RAW Engine to Apple (Core Image RAW). Next time you open a RAW file it will use the Apple engine.