You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm not a graphic designer, so I don't keep up on the world of digtal design.  I need to make a presentation of work I've done over the years as a product designer (actual items) and I'm disinclined to submit to the Adobe plantation.  I do however use LR which I started using when it first came out.   My question is whether I can use AD for creating a multipage presentation that can be viewed locally or posted online perhaps even taking advantage of Bespoke...

You should be able to create Layers or Artboards and export the Layers/Artboards as single PDF files which can then be made into a multipage PDF file.

This is a rough idea of a presentation file.

presentation.afdesign

This is a screenshot of the export.

5aab019d597ef_ScreenShot3.png.2c9c6a4877b3617cc8f0e31a8d4ffd01.png

these are the three pages exported as pdf's

Page 1.pdf Page 2.pdf Page 3.pdf

and finally all the single pdf files combined

multipage pdf.pdf

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks for a very succinct and useful response!  In the example you are using layers as proxy pages.  Is this just as good as creating seperate art boards - better?  I'm thinking it would be prudent to build something that could be converted into a single page web presentation.

from a visual standpoint I would use Artboards, I think layers can look a bit messy and having to turn layers on and off to view the layers below would quickly become quite tiresome. You can create Webpage layouts and export the components using slices and then build the webpage in another app. Affinity Designer does not export code like ccs, html etc so what you create would be the components of a website like buttons, graphics, placeholder images etc.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Personally, I would suggest using artboards for that purpose. Why would you want to use layers? You can export the entire set of artboards to a single PDF document by going through the regular export dialogue (File > Export … > PDF > Whole Document). No need to go through Export Persona, and no need to combine single-page PDFs afterwards. On the other hand, when you have a look at the Export Persona, every artboard you create will automatically get assigned a slice, which doesn’t happen with layers, of course. So you can, as easily, export every single artboard to any format you want … :)

Whole-Document.png.813e34b2761c6337ee402f2a1ef0e68a.png