You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI Design elements improvements required

While Serif is sleeping and providing bugged iOS 11 UI elements, Sketch teamed up with Apple to get the always up-to-date iOS UI Elements and just released a new one for macOS.

https://sketchapp.com/libraries/mac

When will Serif wake up? We do not know. Until then, Affinity Designer is still not competitive against Photoshop (full UI widgets provided by Apple in PSD but not compatible with Affinity), Sketch or Paintcode which allows you to use your UI straight in your App.

Yup, the tone is a little sarcastic, but those issues have been raised all the time, ignored by the forum staff and Serif. It’s not much to do, but seems that nobody is willing to do the extra step to be competitive again. Sketch is clearly widening the gap with all it’s productivity tools.

++

Going out on a limb here, but .... Serif isn't "sleeping." They're busy, working on fixing bugs, implementing new features, fixing the bugs that inevitably result from introducing new features, etc. What we see on the outside is not in any way, shape or form a reflection of what's happening behind closed doors.

As a side note, you're liable to get a warmer reception to any observations or requests you might make if you couch them in more polite tones.

On 15/3/2018 at 8:05 AM, Dams said:

When will Serif wake up? We do not know. Until then, Affinity Designer is still not competitive against Photoshop (full UI widgets provided by Apple in PSD but not compatible with Affinity), Sketch or Paintcode which allows you to use your UI straight in your App.

If you are refering to this... then I can tell you I was able to do this with the PSD files provided by Apple:

Best regards!

On 3/19/2018 at 4:19 PM, davemac2015 said:

Going out on a limb here, but .... Serif isn't "sleeping." They're busy, working on fixing bugs, implementing new features, fixing the bugs that inevitably result from introducing new features, etc. What we see on the outside is not in any way, shape or form a reflection of what's happening behind closed doors.

As a side note, you're liable to get a warmer reception to any observations or requests you might make if you couch them in more polite tones.

I use this app since the first betas and have done my fair share of more polite tones. It doesn't happen by itself of spontaneously. It's a result.

So far nothing improved, years passed, features get ignored and dev when they reply ignore the reality of designers and get defensive about the fact that their product managers ask them to do features that are conflicting each others. On top of that, they over market buggy features as production ready.

I am not alone and a lot of threads are complaining about the serif ways of not listening and / or being arrogant / dimissive.

On my side I made my company purchases multiple licenses of affinity on Mac last year and we still never got our final software and are stuck with old versions (1.5) without any roadmap or date to when we will finally get what we paid for.

As a customer, I am just tired to hear the "it's not like that inside" stories. Same crap when Apple release laptops with bad keyboards. Finding excuses. Every. Single. Time.

IDC. We pay for a service and whatever is happening inside doesn't change the result we get. And communication with customers is also the responsability of a company anyway. So if they do a bad job at it, too bad, still their problems.  

So please, before judging others, apply your advise to yourself. You don't know the background of ppl posting here.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 5:26 PM, Dams said:

I use this app since the first betas and have done my fair share of more polite tones. It doesn't happen by itself of spontaneously. It's a result.

So far nothing improved, years passed, features get ignored and dev when they reply ignore the reality of designers and get defensive about the fact that their product managers ask them to do features that are conflicting each others. On top of that, they over market buggy features as production ready.

I am not alone and a lot of threads are complaining about the serif ways of not listening and / or being arrogant / dimissive.

On my side I made my company purchases multiple licenses of affinity on Mac last year and we still never got our final software and are stuck with old versions (1.5) without any roadmap or date to when we will finally get what we paid for.

As a customer, I am just tired to hear the "it's not like that inside" stories. Same crap when Apple release laptops with bad keyboards. Finding excuses. Every. Single. Time.

IDC. We pay for a service and whatever is happening inside doesn't change the result we get. And communication with customers is also the responsability of a company anyway. So if they do a bad job at it, too bad, still their problems.  

So please, before judging others, apply your advise to yourself. You don't know the background of ppl posting here.

Thanks

You're welcome.

On 22. 3. 2018 at 10:26 PM, Dams said:

being arrogant / dimissive

Any example please?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.