You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scale by nearest neighbor

I noticed you can scale by nearest neighbor in document scaling, but not when scaling a selection or layer. Is there any chance we could see that feature added? I'd love to have just a little pulldown in the transform panel

I'm hoping to switch over to affinity from the adobe suite and there are just a few small things missing that are crucial, and sadly this is one of them. I'm sure you must get requests like this all the time :\

Thanks so much!

zach

• 2 months later...

+1!

I am not working in pixel art, but I still need nearest neighbor sampling when rotating, resizing, and rasterizing. I make texture assets for 3D video games, and certain types of assets get ghosting problems or show "seams" if the edges are antialiased.

Unfortunately, this makes Affinity Photo a nonstarter for me. Photoshop remains the only software with the feature set I require, clunky though it is.

It's a shame, because I'm otherwise really loving what I'm seeing in the Affinity Photo trial. If it weren't for this issue (and maybe a few other features that would be nice to have, although they're less vital to my work), I would be willing to buy Affinity Photo for the same price as Photoshop.