You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all, I'm tryng to reconstructing colors on a scanned positive photo that was partially exposed to light (on the left side) during the developing process; inspecting the channels I noticed that the red channel is damaged (nothing visible on the left side) while in the blue and green channels there are some informations; is there a way to copy these existing info and paste them into the red channel so to reconstruct (at least partially) the original color? I know that with Photoshop you can do it because I read a tutorial on a book that I own (Restoration & Retouching) that explain the exactly procedure, but I'm a newby and I can't find the equivalent command/procedure in Affinity Photo. PS: if I apply a black and white adjustement layer the missing part of the photo is visible. Any help/idea would be appreciated. I'm sorry for my bad english

• Staff

Hi Claudio60,

Please see the file here

It's the .afphoto file so you can open it up see the different adjustments that have been applied.

Using the black and white version to get the detail for the left hand side, we cropped this down so it just had the left side showing and then applied a number of adjustments on top to try and match the overall colour of the image.

It's pretty straightforward what each adjustment does, as i've left them with the defaults names :) 

Hi stokerg,

I just downloaded the file and it seems to me you've done a good job, now I'm going to check which adjustements have been applied.to the image and see if I understand the procedure.

A big "thank you" for your kindness and effort, I appreciated it very much.

So, thanks again and have a nice evening!