You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cameras thats are supported?

i am new to Affinity Photo..... i currently have a nikon d7100 camera that is supported by this program..... but i was also debating on buying the new sony a7iii for my new go to camera.... and i was curious to know if this camera would be covered at a later date for editing photos??

• Staff

Hi Manny_VA,

Welcome to the forums :)

While I can't say for certain with specific cameras  we are working on improving our RAW support as much as possible in the future so hopefully it will be supported :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

I’ve managed to work out that ‘dist.’ is distortion, ‘vign.’ is vignetting and ‘TCA’ is transverse chromatic aberration, but what are the values in the ‘crop’ column? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

I’ve managed to work out that ‘dist.’ is distortion, ‘vign.’ is vignetting and ‘TCA’ is transverse chromatic aberration, but what are the values in the ‘crop’ column? :/

Those are just taken over tables from the lensfun database (see here or here) of supported/calibrated lenses, so nothing Affinity specific at all. - The crop factor is the one of the camera people used, when they made the calibration data related shot for a specific lens. Thus it's the crop factor value (in relation to the full frame format = 1.0) of the cam a specific lens is used on here for calibration. - See also ...

The crop factor of the camera that was used to make test shots should be added to the database in the <cropfactor> tag. This value will help Lensfun scale the model to fit the shot made with other camera with possibly other crop factor.

For example, if a model is made with a crop factor of 1.0, it can be used with shots made with another camera with a crop factor of 1.5, but Lensfun will have to scale the coordinates accordingly. On the other hand, if the model was made for a crop factor of 1.5, it is not a very good idea to use this model for shots made with another camera with a crop factor of, say, 1.1, because the math model was verified only for the smaller portion of the image in the center. However, most of the time this works too.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2