ewe

Selective Colour - Crashes

Affinity on iPad crashes more often than not when selecting the option "Selective Colour". It is impossible to work that way because the reason for the crashes cannot be reproduced as it doesn't matter which image I am working on or if "Selective Colour" is the first or the 10th action performed. Please fix!

Affinity Photo 1.6.7.76

iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 11.2.6

Hey ewe, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Are you changing any of the settings other than Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black? I've been trying for a good 10 minutes and can't get it to crash. What type of document are you working with? I know you said it doesn't matter which image but it might be a specific type of image.

Cheers :) 

Hi Chris B

It crashes as soon as I select the option – so before I can make any adjustments. As soon as it is selected and did not crash I can work with no crashes at all. Files are just normal .jpgs at 6000x4000px 

Hey ewe,

I've reproduced this with a raw file but only twice out of ten or so attempts. The more common file types such as PNG or JPEG don't seem to crash it for me.

On 3/16/2018 at 1:51 AM, Chris B said:

Hey ewe, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Are you changing any of the settings other than Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black? I've been trying for a good 10 minutes and can't get it to crash. What type of document are you working with? I know you said it doesn't matter which image but it might be a specific type of image.

Cheers :) 

I too have been having this problem since the last update. I am using an iPad pro 10.5”.  I am using jpegs and the moment Iattempt to use selective colour the app crashes.