You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

I designed a little scene in AD, and put everything on its own layer(as you would in AI when importing to AE):

1KtdcXD.png

Each element is separated out, for example:

3javJVc.png

To my knowledge, the current way to get separated layers into AE, is to use .PDF, which seems to work perfectly(also note that with "Karma" selected in AE, it highlights exactly what I want):

JScIyGF.png

However, which I convert the layer into Shape Layers using "Create Shape Layers from Vector Layer," the "Karma" text completely goes away and it adds vectors from I don't know where along with a grey background:

ygXgt9b.png

Karma is no where to be found in the Shape Layers groups and it added layers from somewhere else. It appears that "Facts & Trivia" and those 5 images get put on every layer that I break apart. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Hi @andreangelo Do you have the file? I'll take a look and see what happens in my AE 

By the way which version of AE are you using

I have created a rough sketch of your design and exported it to PDF, then imported as 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I know it will take time, but here someone will share his workflow for using Designer and After Effects. If you haven't solved your problem by the time the articles is finally there, you can check it out. That might help:

https://www.schoolofmotion.com/blog/illustrator-vs-affinity

Best regards!

have you tried using the Export to PSD?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I am myself looking for this solution since I am right now designing in Affinity Designer but then I need to move it to the Adobe After Effects. Wish we could have some AI file support or something else so that we could have the layer-wise elements in the Adobe After Effects when we import there. (Yes, with vector support)

• 1 month later...
On 14/3/2018 at 3:56 PM, adidam said:

I am myself looking for this solution since I am right now designing in Affinity Designer but then I need to move it to the Adobe After Effects. Wish we could have some AI file support or something else so that we could have the layer-wise elements in the Adobe After Effects when we import there. (Yes, with vector support)

Well, here it is, the article about the integration between Designer and After Effects:

https://www.schoolofmotion.com/blog/save-affinity-designer-vector-files-after-effects

Best regards!

There's no easy, fast solution.

I asked about this back in 2016, nothing has changed (and nothing, most likely, won't):

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch