Sign in to follow this  
Puck

Crashing AP 1.6.6 / 1.6.7

Hi, I am a really big fan of AP and have been working with the software for almost three years, but unfortunately AP 1.6.6 and AP 1.6.7 are crashing on a regularly basis after editing or when closing. 

iMac Mid 2010, Mac OS High Sierra, 8 GB RAM. No additional software loaded, no plug-ins or similar nonsense. I didn't had the problem with previous versions. There are also display errors (see pic).

!! Please do not add any new features to the next update, but a stability update would be great. Thanks you. !!

5aa89a20a2c26_OhneTitel.thumb.jpg.b8437060f7457e5546382c853b2b84db.jpg

(iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave)

Hi Puck

Can you be more specific about any actions you were doing when the crashes occurred? Any particular files or types of files you were working on? Any particular operation or set of operations?

That  'display error' has been there since launch so it is not an issue new to this version it is a simple on screen rendering issue that occurs at certain zoom levels but is in app only

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris, I'm not doing anything extraordinary! Normal stuff only (see screenshot of layers for the photo above)

The photo, a texture layer, some live filters ... nothing special.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-15 um 04.58.59.png

Maybe this one s more helpful. The photo, several texture layers, live filters ...

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-15 um 05.05.43.png

(iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave)

Hi,

Same problem here. I'm using a 2012 iMac with Sierra and an Nvidia GPU. In my case it happens more when trying to export an image. It freezes and I see the beach ball and AP never recovers from that. I suspected about the drive, but I'm using a new SSD and AP is the only app with this problem, no other app crashes or show the beach ball at all.

I suspect it can be something related with the pop up windows, because it happens randomly when the next action will pop a new window (like when exporting, or applying a live filter)

Hello, that happens to me sometimes (when exporting I mean). This takes btw much longer than usual, especially for large files with many layers. Nevertheless I love AP! Otherwise I wouldn't care and I wouldn't post here :))

Puck

As I said before: A stability update would be great! No new features!! :D 

Still a fan.

:)

For a while I returned to version 1.5.2, but it also crashes. It didn't do that with "El Capitan" (with the same computer), so I'm assuming "High Sierra" is the bad guy here. Maybe this will help you.

Best regards

Puck

Hi Puck,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. Do you mind uploading one of the files that are crashing for you for us to try? It may be a specific combination of filters/layer structure that's causing issues, it's not clear but i would like to give it a try. Also can you please attach the crash report here? Maybe it also helps somehow. I can provide an upload link if you prefer to keep the file private. Thank you.

Hi MEB, please would you give me an upload link? I can't post this publicly for legal reasons. But here's a crash report (Version 1.5.2)

crash_report_afphoto_highsierra.rtf

Thank you :)

Hi MEB, I just uploaded a file. :)

Hello friends, I have to go into it again here. In my estimation - and many tests - it seems to be indeed an incompatibility with Mac OS High Sierra, which causes Affinity Photo 1.6.7 at Cmd+Q to issue the error message "Program ended unexpectedly". It's the same with my old iMac and a relatively new MacBook Air. On my 10 year old Mac Pro (running Mac OS El Capitan) I can't see this behavior - everything runs very well without error messages on this computer.

Hope that will help a little

Best regards

Puck

Hi there, the problem seems to be solved in Version 1.7.0.98/99 beta :) But it takes quite a long time for the program to close after Command Q.

Best regards

Puck