Sign in to follow this  
Mzak

New Erase Blend mode

The new erase Blend Mode seems to have issues in latest iPad version. If I cycle through the blend modes it appears as „Normal“. If I select „Erase“ I sometimes get normal. 

Hi Mzak, Yes this is a known bug. The erase blend mode actually works but the blend label 'erase' reverts back to label 'normal'. Underlying content is still erased though if you need to use it. Hopefully fixed soon.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.3  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Hi Mzak,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is a known issue that's already logged to be looked at. As far as i know it's not just the label that reverts back to Normal - the blend mode also gets reverted/doesn't work. I've bumped our report with a link to this thread. Thanks for letting us know about it.

@MEB  When I select Erase from 'drop down' menu the label changes back to Normal, but as seen in the second pic, the Erase blend mode is still operative.

Last pic is original.

Edit. Just noticed. If you tap on Erase in Menu the blend reverts back to Normal. If you tap normal on Menu and drag down to highlight Erase, then the bland mode sticks. Maybe that will help Devs solve issue?

video shows how to make it work.

5410B917-D77C-42CA-95D0-0278A959EFBB.jpeg

61C8DB45-1911-456E-853E-1BFA520F348F.jpeg

906DE616-C27D-491C-B7FD-C2F761E20861.jpeg

BA8D0EC8-AE99-4C38-9586-14F17F2879CC.MP4

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.3  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?