You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello

I have two questions

1. latest Affinity photo for mac have problem with Neat Image photoshop plug in. it just shut down Affinity photo when apply. if not solve immediatly please let me know download pre-version please.

2. How can i select layer with right mouse click like photoshop? i have much of layers and without this feature it's too hard to work.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi macreal,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1. Please update the Neat Image plugin to version 8.3.5. It should work correctly with the latest version of Affinity Photo (1.6.7).

2. This is not available in Affinity Photo. Feel free to add a request for it in the Feature Requests section.

3 hours ago, macreal said:

2. How can i select layer with right mouse click like photoshop? i have much of layers and without this feature it's too hard to work.

Do you mean by "select" the content of the layer, not the itself with you "select" via normal mouse?

You can click the thumbnail of any layer and CMD (or pendant in windows) and the "content" gets this ant-line.

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

10 hours ago, MEB said:

Polygonius,

When you right-click on canvas in Photoshop a pop-up menu appears to let you select any layers located below the area you clicked. That's what @macreal is referring to.

Ups - what a killer feature i will switch to PS. Bye, bye!

Serious: Nice feature, AP does it a little bit with alt-click in canvas,... But with  dozens of dozens overlapping layers on this "area" its neraly impoosible to hit what you want. 

Well, this feature should implement. But by implementing this, please, please overwork also this (sometimes) nasty behavior of !auto-selec a layer" by clicking anywhere in the canvas: I do not know if anyone can understand, but if you have a big BG, a fill-layer, some other "big" layers, some shapes in groups, etc -even here its hard to hit the layer you want /even with alt). But if you also have small text, or other really small, "borderd"  layers it become a really puzzle. Even with alt!!!!

And than this permanent blue selection-frame... how will decide if a change is good or not if this frame is bigger than the selected item in 1:1 view (big BG, smal text-item, or something similar=

Yea,  i can hit space to hide this frame, but by hitting space i cannot do some other advanced stunts to this item...

And evry time i click (in canvas) a little bit outside, the "clicked" layer will selected.

Sometimes i want just to work on this layer - it does not matter whre i randomly click in the canvas. In this case i want a "KEEP selected layer by layer panel!." Meaning: This layer is as long in focus until i "deselect" in the layer-panel... every click in the canvas does not influence the choice of active layer. If i want go back to normal behavior i just hit a special symbol in the layer-panel!

State of the art its an imposition to edit SELECTIVE very small items with groups or backgrounds behind... )maybe thats more for AD relevant, but also in AP we want edit small texts on big BG... or reposition small shapes in 1:1 view... and this blue frame and this auto-selecet is the opposite help in the case...

BTW: If you handle with "some" grafic-text-layer... please implementt this fast feature: Vleartext as rename the layer will also re-text the associated text in the canvas by a special key. 

Maybe for AP for Photography not so relevant (for me it is) but I guess at least with publisher this kind of better hitting /keeping small-layers-request will become legion! 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

23 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi macreal,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1. Please update the Neat Image plugin to version 8.3.5. It should work correctly with the latest version of Affinity Photo (1.6.7).

2. This is not available in Affinity Photo. Feel free to add a request for it in the Feature Requests section.

Hi..

I just tried as your suggestion and it works great. Thanks!

also, about feature, i'll post to request forum.

Thanks again

11 hours ago, Polygonius said:

Ups - what a killer feature i will switch to PS. Bye, bye!

Serious: Nice feature, AP does it a little bit with alt-click in canvas,... But with  dozens of dozens overlapping layers on this "area" its neraly impoosible to hit what you want. 

Well, this feature should implement. But by implementing this, please, please overwork also this (sometimes) nasty behavior of !auto-selec a layer" by clicking anywhere in the canvas: I do not know if anyone can understand, but if you have a big BG, a fill-layer, some other "big" layers, some shapes in groups, etc -even here its hard to hit the layer you want /even with alt). But if you also have small text, or other really small, "borderd"  layers it become a really puzzle. Even with alt!!!!

And than this permanent blue selection-frame... how will decide if a change is good or not if this frame is bigger than the selected item in 1:1 view (big BG, smal text-item, or something similar=

Yea,  i can hit space to hide this frame, but by hitting space i cannot do some other advanced stunts to this item...

And evry time i click (in canvas) a little bit outside, the "clicked" layer will selected.

Sometimes i want just to work on this layer - it does not matter whre i randomly click in the canvas. In this case i want a "KEEP selected layer by layer panel!." Meaning: This layer is as long in focus until i "deselect" in the layer-panel... every click in the canvas does not influence the choice of active layer. If i want go back to normal behavior i just hit a special symbol in the layer-panel!

State of the art its an imposition to edit SELECTIVE very small items with groups or backgrounds behind... )maybe thats more for AD relevant, but also in AP we want edit small texts on big BG... or reposition small shapes in 1:1 view... and this blue frame and this auto-selecet is the opposite help in the case...

BTW: If you handle with "some" grafic-text-layer... please implementt this fast feature: Vleartext as rename the layer will also re-text the associated text in the canvas by a special key. 

Maybe for AP for Photography not so relevant (for me it is) but I guess at least with publisher this kind of better hitting /keeping small-layers-request will become legion! 

Hi..

the mouse select feature really helps to select layer which looks not provided in AP yet.

however, you can this layer work using group analizing. this could be help untill AP have this feature.