You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, AffinityAppMan,

I've been using NeoFinder for the last 18 months, or so. Thanks to your note, I'm d-loading an upgrade right now. I've been quite happy with it. Very fast. Can search and find a few files out of several 100 thousand in a few moments. I expect it will work w. the Affinity files as it does w. every other.

Took about 30 seconds to build a catalog of of all my Affinity files, including .pdf documentations. More than 2000.  Did a couple of finds, response was quick when I pointed to the new catalog.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Even though it will be hobby, I do intend to be a multimedia powerhouse on an iMac Pro, with Affinity Trio being for digital art and graphic design work. 5 to 10 years ago, trying to be a one man multimedia production was way out of most price ranges. From my earliest childhood memories to now, the cost for quality software and hardware has dropped precipitously. I immensely grateful Serif decided to launch the Affinity software lab to create these applications.

This might be of interest to those who want Exif/Meta data presented.

Does the app catalog the metadata and photo/video/audio thumbnails you need?(NeoFinder supports a huge list of photo, movie, and other document formats, as well as many audio formats. EXIF, IPTC, XMP, ID3? It is all there for you in NeoFinder!)

Will the app display meta info in a clear and structured way? 

(NeoFinder gives you EXIF, IPTC, XMP and others in a nice and useful Inspector display. Others simply dump unstructured arrays of cryptic data on you...)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 4 years later...

A small piece of missing data was the ability to see CMYK info next to Jpeg files in the Inspector window. If you are dragging into AP then this is important I think. Mentioned this to NeoFinder and a week later received a dev build 8.1.2 that now displays the full colour space info. That's pretty fantastic service! Side note if it helps, I find you need to refresh your Catalogues in Neofinder to get it to display any changes in a folder, so it's sensible to catalogue many smaller folders from a lower level, than one larger top level images folder, if that makes sense. Then refreshes are quick. This additional action isn't perfect but the app is super fast at scrolling and viewing, and we get to see all the Affinity files!