N~Rico

Raw development crash iPad app

Hi!  I have an iPad Pro 10.1 256 GB with last version of AP. I’ve imported 67 pics taken with my DSLR in photo app, then import to AP. Dev RAW editor cannot finish the develop and the app instantly crash. I’ve tried with an hard reset, but it has the same problems. 

Just to confirm I downloaded and opened the raw file. No issue here. I just used Open in Photo from Safari screen. AP opened then RAW file loaded and opened. Developed and reopened the file from welcome screen. 

14C6E418-ABAA-4EDE-8095-C6D3E1E0CDF1.png

4CD0F0A1-F836-4D51-BFBC-A69CBDFF08E7.png

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 11.4  Affinity Photo 1.67.76 store version.

The files themselves don't appear to be the issue. I can open and Develop RAW your RAW sample.

Looking at the pop up message, somehow the image you tried to open in Welcome screen no longer appear 'linked' to the original image file location.

For example, If I delete a file from IPad AP Files folder, it still shows in Affinity Photo Welcome screen. When I try to open the image in Welcome screen though, I will get the pop up message (as above in OP post) along lines of image no longer available (as I would expect having deleted the file). Closing the image in AP Welcome screen then removes it from Welcome screen.

I would try to get it working with 1 Photo first, then try importing one or two more and take it from there. Rather than drag and drop from iCloud, try the + button and Open from Cloud option for the first one.

If that works, create an empty folder on Welcome screen, you can drag multiple files at once into that open folder. Keeps the screen more organised and save having to move so many files around.

I confirm no issues for me after re import one picture at time thanks. I’ve open a new project for import my photos. I have managed to close/delete the old one, but there’s no voice in the edit option (3 lines). The only option I have is to rename the project. 

Hi N-Rico, glad to hear that worked for you. Unfortunately there is currently no easy way to delete multiple files/projects in Affinity Photo. You either have to remove them one at a time or (drastic step) you can simply delete the app and reinstall it. If you decide to do this be sure to save  (3 bars and Save) any files in projects that you wish to keep otherwise they will be gone when you reinstall the app.