You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I recently purchased Affinity for Mac (El Capitan). I want to be able to edit RAW photos taken with my Sony RX100 M4.  I am new to photo editing and trying to learn but sometimes youtube is just not the answer.  When I open a RAW photo the image is distorted.  I have tried this by taking a photo of a pad of lined paper which makes it easy to see the distortion.  As a comparison when I open the same picture that was saved as a JPG there is no distortion at all.  Is this normal?  

I have also tried turning off the automatic lens correction.  I made a copy of the RAW file, opened one with the automatic lens correction and the other with the lens correction disabled and there is no appreciable difference.  This makes me wonder if there is a lens correction for the Sony RX100 M4.  Can anyone confirm?

And finally, any suggestions on how to correct this?  I can use the lens distortion tool but it sure is a pain to have to do this with every picture.  Thank you for your suggestions.

Distortion RAW.png

No Distortion JPG.png

Which image is which? The first one has some barrel distortion and the second has no obvious distortion. (Glancing from image one to image two quickly makes image two appear to have pincushion distortion!)

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you.  The top image is a raw file and the bottom image is the same image but in jpeg.  

I tried the change the RAW engine to Apple but this did nothing, so it appears this camera lens is not supported.  Do you know if there any any plans to add this lens in the future?  Thank you

For now I suppose i can either edit the jpeg images or I can use the raw image but try to manually adjust using the lens  distortion tool.