You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

More options for document resize

By looking the other forum topics I've learned that resizing by percentage is possible by directly writing 50% instead of the pixel value.
I also learned that to find out which value is the height and the width, I have to hover the mouse over the values because it's in the tooltip.

I think it would be good to have hints for these options somewhere on the GUI. I also miss a list of the common sizes I could choose with one click, instead of writing values.

By comparison, please see the Resize dialog of the IrfanView. It's a little overhelming at first sight, but every option is clearly labeled.
The old and new values are there, no guesswork needed.
The most common options are accessible with one click.

I think you could use the ideas there to make the Affinity resize dialog more straightforward.

irfanresize.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed; the silent 50% interpretation is very useful but there's no visual prompt or hint to encourage users to try it. I spent a few minutes hunting for % resize modes in the various resize dialogs before giving up and coming here.

IrfanView's Resize dialog is pretty great, though I wish some of the things like standard dimensions presets could be modified more flexibly.

In AF, the various resize algorithms could also benefit from being better explained.

Hello world.