You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pimp my RAW file thread !

Frankynov

Hello everyone ! 

I just wanted to start a new thread with some creativity :) 

First, I'm an amateur photograph and by no way I am gifted at all the professional photo editing; while there are tons of tutorials in affinity photo, I can't seem to be able to have "the best result" ouf of my pictures.

That's why I decided to give the community a try by sharing some of my RAW images and what I could do with them on my own.

Then, you guys could try and edit the image with your own ideas and creativity. I think it would allow beginner people like me to have other thoughts and ideas during the post process operation.

The rules are simple : 

- Only use Affinity Photo 

- Try and avoid using external plugins (Nik's collection for example, or specify when used)

- Upload your own results in good quality :) (download file is much appreciated)

- If you want the community to pimp your image, the RAW you submit must be free of use (non commercial, for training only, etc)

- If you want, detail the process of operations (curves used, shadows, filters, etc...)

- Have fun, and open mind in critics ! Not everybody is using professional gear ;) 

So I'm gonna start with a couple of samples : 

Copenhagen Picture 1 : 

Link to RAW file

And my edit (I want to create a wallpaper for my phone but I'm not happy of my result) : 

IMG_3400.jpg

Copenhagen Picture 2 :

RAW File link

My edit : 

Photos_Desktop.jpg

India - Hyderabad

Link to RAW file

My edit : 

IMG_3259.jpg

Thanks, and happy editing ! :) 

11 minutes ago, dutchshader said:

and my contribution on the Copenhagen photo.

Wow ! I love how you were able to extract so many details in the sky ! I had tried to play with highlight and shadows but never was able to get such a good result. May I ask how did you do it ?

13 hours ago, Kevin Martin said:

That's .. an interesting approach with the colors :D But nice job to make the boat and statue become more vivid

Edited by Frankynov
add comment for Kevin edit