You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple pen drawing thin lines problem

I use AP since the iPad Pro 12" and never had this problem before. Let me explain: I would like to draw a thin line at a new layer. I use the brush basic 4 pnt and choose black (or any other colour

When I place the pen at the tablet I get a magnifying circel with pixels and the colour turns into the background colour. I thought I needed a new pen point but when I chagend it, I had the same issue. Please let me know what the solution is, it drives me crazy! 

• Staff

Hi Ashcat,

Can you just check you have the latest update installed for Affinity from the App Store.

I'm unable to replicate the problem you having, to get the colour picker i have to do a long press, by that i mean hold the tip of the pencil on the screen without moving.  We did have an issue in some Betas where what you describe happened almost straight away, but it's been fixed in the release, so i'm very surprised to hear it's happening for you.

• Staff

Hi Ashcat,

Can you do a screen recording and attach it to this post.  Steps to do this are here

Before you record the screen, can you pop into the Preferences of Affinity (it's the small cog icon upper right on the homescreen) and enable show touches.  Once thats enabled, record using the pencil and post the results. 

I've tryed several things with the pen and I think that I push to hard when I put the pentip at the screen. Because drawing with a thin line asks more of my concentration.

Thank you for your help, when you mentioned the long press for colour picker I thought of the pressure when starting a thin line!