You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need to download a copy of Affinity Designer

You probably have to log into your account and download it from there.  Just like I had to when my HDD failed. John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

3 hours ago, Madame said:

That's actually your account, Madame, showing things you have ordered. A better instruction is to go to https://affinity.store and click the sign-in button on the upper right. Once signed-in, click on your name, and you'll get to a page with other links you can use to download again.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciated.
I don't really want to buy another copy, although I quite like Affinity Designer, I Have other programmes available so will use them instead.
Bring back installation discs please Serif, at least you have a means of re-installing when things happen,and sadly things do happen.
Thanks again for the incredibly prompt advice.
John

As Walt said, you certainly don’t have to buy again, can you not access your emails via another system to find the email from Affinity Shop that contains your product key, that is all you need then simply download the latest version again.

https://affinity.store/en-gb/help/

Once you log in to the store simply click your name at the top of the page then scroll down to find your product keys and order history and simply download again.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

You don't need to buy again. Sign in to your Affinity account at affinity.store and you'll find everything you need.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• Staff

I'm unhappy how the store hides the account downloads after you have signed in, it seems to look identical to before you log in. For example before you log in pressing "My account" in the page footer takes you back to the homepage https://affinity.store only logged in with your name top left....But once you are logged in, pressing the same link "My account" in the footer, actually takes you to the account page https://affinity.store/account it's just confusing, (clicking on the same looking "My account" link in the footer should not do something different depending on whether you are logged in)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I agree. It helps a bit if one is familiar with the idea of clicking on one's name to get account-related info, which seems increasingly common.

-- Walt
PC:

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

That's actually your account, Madame, showing things you have ordered. A better instruction is to go to https://affinity.store and click the sign-in button on the upper right. Once signed-in, click on your name, and you'll get to a page with other links you can use to download again.

I'm sorry. That's not what I (thought that I) linked to. I really don't have an account..
Glad that the link was removed. Thanks.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Bring back installation discs please Serif, at least you have a means of re-installing when things happen, and sadly things do happen.

Although I do prefer to have an installation disc myself, it's not a bad idea to keep a copy of downloaded software on a disc or flash drive (or both)!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff
Just now, PaulEC said:

Although I do prefer to have an installation disc myself, it's not a bad idea to keep a copy of downloaded software on a disc or flash drive (or both)!

Good idea to keep them locally, and we have all previous Windows Affinity Store releases available here

https://affinity.store/update/windows/photo/1

https://affinity.store/update/windows/designer/1 

16 hours ago, Johna888 said:

Bring back installation discs please Serif, at least you have a means of re-installing when things happen,and sadly things do happen.

Not sure how one version on a DVD is better than having all earlier versions available (see above) [other than having to download them while you have adequate internet access].

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thanks to Walt and everyone for their suggestions. I now have Affinity on my Desktop ready to install but it's asking for a product key. 
Having gone into my Affinity account, the only information I can see is my original order as shown below but can't see a product key link unless the order number doubles as the product key?? I also checked on my Serif account which lists keys for everything I have ever bought except the Affinity key.
Any suggestions for locating the key appreciated.

Your order history

View all your Affinity purchases.

Purchase date

November 19, 2016

Order number

APCDMXPTV7

Product
Quantity
Affinity Designer (Windows)

Order total
£29.99
Order status
Completed

Having signed in to affinity.store, if I click on my name at the top of the page I get to my account page. Here's a generic link to that page.

Once there, I see a folder labeled Downloads and Product Keys. Clicking on that I see what I have purchased, with Download links and Product Keys listed.

-- Walt
PC:

26 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Having signed in to affinity.store, if I click on my name at the top of the page I get to my account page. Here's a generic link to that page.

Once there, I see a folder labeled Downloads and Product Keys. Clicking on that I see what I have purchased, with Download links and Product Keys listed.

As Patrick indicated earlier in this thread, the store shouldn't (but does) hide the account downloads after you've signed in. Your link should (but doesn't) take me to my account page unless I'm already signed in.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Right. As I said, once I sign in, I click on my name. The link is what you get if you follow that procedure (though it would be customized for your locale). Sorry for the confusion.

-- Walt
PC:

No confusion on my part, Walt, and therefore no need for apologies! I was simply expressing my agreement with Patrick that we should always be taken to the Downloads & Product Keys page when we click on a direct link to it, regardless of whether we have to sign in on the way there.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)