Tschens

Wrong/No lens correction?

Hello,

Please check this strange disortion of my startrails pic I shot with my Olympus OMD E-M1. The upper one is the interpretation from Affinity Photo without applying any lens correction. The lower one shows how it should look like (screenshot from Irfan View). I could not find a way to correct the startrails to circular. However, obviously Affinity Photo tries to correct the lens disortion somehow since the traces from the airplanes are straight and not bended as they look in the original non-corrected pic. But this is definitely NOT what I want when I excplicitely deselect lens correction.

Help/comments appreciated.

Jens

Affinity_Photo.jpg

Hi Tschens

That fish eye lens is on our lens correction list so it will automatically apply the correction. If you simply turn the lens correciton off in the develop assistant it will appear more as you expect

thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

1 hour ago, Chris_K said:

Hi Tschens

That fish eye lens is on our lens correction list so it will automatically apply the correction. If you simply turn the lens correciton off in the develop assistant it will appear more as you expect

thanks

Yes, thats how it SHOULD work. But unfortunately,  it makes absolutley no difference wether I activate "lens correction" or not.

Any news on that problem? Here is another example. Left: Irfan view. Richt: Affinity. The tree on the right side is totally blurred in Affinity Photo. I provide the original ORF file as well.

Unfortunately, I found now way to bypass this problem. A correction of this bug would be very much appreciated since currently  I cannot work on my 8 mm fisheye ORF files with Affinity Photo.

Affinity_Lens_Problem.jpg

PA140224.ORF

After searching around for 10 minutes, I finally found out what you mean. I have to disable the lens correction in the assistant. I was always playing around with the check box on the right hand side (see screenshot) which did not help at all. BTW: The checkbox in the assistent window "Hinweis, sobald der Assisstent eine Aktion durchführt" [something like: Message, as soon as the assistent performs an action] does exactly nothing. No message. Never. This would have been helpful to solve my issue.

I think we have some potential for improvement in the GUI here :-)

Thx for your help!

Jens

What_the_heck.jpg