You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying to upload some newly purchased Luts into my Affinity photo software but for the life of me I can not find the folder for the pre-existing luts with the program to add on to them. I've searched every folder relating to the program on my computer but there is nothing there that dictates the pre-existing luts so I can add more to them. I.e. presets. Let me know if I'm searching in all the wrong places or if affinity is just that unorganized with their files and felt like sending people on great journeys.

Mac or Windows?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

As I understand it, it doesn't matter where you put your LUT files, as Affinity Photo looks for them wherever you tell it you have kept them. (This is on a Mac, but I've no reason to suppose it works differently on a PC.)

For example, you have a folder full of LUTs, somewhere (anywhere) on your computer.

With an file open in the Photo persona, you add an LUT adjustment layer:

5aa3a6b7a30d9_ScreenShot2018-03-10at09_33_20.png.da05ab57b711dcd93033ef948b488f58.png

You click Load LUT...

Navigate to the folder where you're keeping your LUTs:

5aa3a73be02fc_ScreenShot2018-03-10at09_34_16.png.9198b4253bdf78fa9f8009d968e97193.png

Select the one you want to use...

5aa3a77ec912b_ScreenShot2018-03-10at09_37_41.png.a23897d6b9bb7c20e189a779e17da2d8.png

And it will be applied to the image, with its name in the LUT Adjustment panel, as above.

You can save it as a preset by clicking Add Preset, and then re-use it from the selection of presets in the Adjustments pane, which I've dragged out and made a bit larger to display it clearly:

5aa3a81ebf924_ScreenShot2018-03-10at09_39_42.png.16d2173036bdbfb3d3128b87319bd6da.png5aa3a81fae885_ScreenShot2018-03-10at09_40_00.png.0b523d46226f864f226e142ed414575d.png:

But as far as I can see, it doesn't matter where you keep the LUTs.

The downside is that this means adding each LUT and creating presets one at a time.

The upside (on a Mac at least) is that it doesn't seem to matter if you move the folder full of LUTs after you've created the presets.

Hope this helps.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd like to add my voice to this feature request as well. LUTs are a quick and easy way for beginners to preview a preset set of adjustments / changes to the image. A better mechanism is needed to import or preview LUT effects on the layer without having to jump through so many hoops of having to save a LUT as an Affinity preset.

3 hours ago, mattb said:

+1 please give the option to set a directory and have the app scan for LUTs on the given directories.
Absolutely not practical to load  LUTs one by one without even a  preview

This would truly be the best update yet! I just started using Affinity and I have half a mind to quit ASAP when I see that I need to load presets one at a time (---___---)

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, frippe said:

Anything new on this? Still not possible to add multiple LUTS, preview?

“Patience is a virtue.”   Also:  “Virtue is its own reward.”  Isn’t this a bank holiday in the UK?   🤔

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

On 3/11/2018 at 7:01 PM, StevieRayPhoto said:

Anyone know where I can pick up some luts?

RawTherapee Film Simulation Collection

Download (402MB!)

and

FujiFilm LUTs

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

On 3/11/2018 at 7:01 PM, StevieRayPhoto said:

Anyone know where I can pick up some luts?

Hey, I recently bought the "Insta Blogger Presets" LUT package here: https://www.affinityphotopresets.com
The LUT packets are great. There are only 10 LUTS +15 macros in one package, but for that these 10 are just perfect. And I did not have to install 100 bad LUTS...
The packages are probably on sale right now. I will definitely take the chance and stock up :)

ap_screenshot.jpg