amadeusp

Multi page PDF export of multiple Artboards not working in 1.6.1 anymore

Before 1.6.1 I was able to export an entire document from the Export Persona via the default export slice.

When choosing the preset "PDF (for web)" (or any other PDF preset for that matter) I got a multi page PDF (one page per Artboard). With 1.6.1 this does not work anymore. All Artboards are exported to one continuous PDF page. However, I can still export a PDF with multiple pages (one per Artboard) when choosing File > Export and then selecting the same preset "PDF (for web)".

I think this is a bug.

My system:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS 10.13.3 (17D102), Affinity Designer 1.6.1 (MAS).

Hi amadeusp

This has been changed for the export persona to make it more consisten with how other format export this background slice. To get a multipage PDF go to the File > Export dialog whihc is more suited to exporting whole documents

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I'm having the same issue.  I used to be able to do multi-page pdf exports, it's not working in 1.6.1.  I've tried every option of the File > Export dialogue (export, web, print).  I get a weird buggy file that displays the last artboard repeatedly, or flashes images of all the exported pages in rapid succession with pixelated bits and pieces of images. 

Repeater Designs Portfollio.pdf

How can I do a multi page PDF from the export persona then, like it worked before V1.6.1?

This is a very valuable feature. As a designer, I have to do those exports regularly. Doing them manually in addition to exporting all the slices is a step backwards.

I think we all know it's possible to create a multiple page PDF when using the File > Export option, but it would be very useful to have this option through the Export Persona.  For example, I often need to create multiple exports of the same group of Artboards (ie. print-ready PDF with crop marks, web-ready PDF with no bleed, etc.)  Having to export each version separately is doable, but tedious - and lacks precision.