crafcik

Crash When Using Pen Tool

When on the latest version of Affinity Photo (1.6.4) the app crashes when you use the pen tool and when you make more than 40 ish points. 

Steps to reproduce:

- Open a photo 

- Try to cutout something but make a minimum of 40ish points when cutting something out. 

- It should crash instantly

On 3/9/2018 at 1:55 AM, crafcik said:

When on the latest version of Affinity Photo (1.6.4) the app crashes when you use the pen tool and when you make more than 40 ish points. 

Steps to reproduce:

- Open a photo 

- Try to cutout something but make a minimum of 40ish points when cutting something out. 

- It should crash instantly

Is it fixed now, because i cant use affinity anymore. I need the pen tool.

On 27/03/2018 at 9:52 PM, StijnDeJ said:

Is it fixed now, because i cant use affinity anymore. I need the pen tool.

doubt it as I'm experiencing the same in Photo 1.6.4.104 - I open a photo, start tracing with the pen tool but after a while the app crashes.

So im guessing the pen tool issue has not been fixed as yet. Hope they get a solution soon. Im working on a project that i rely heavily on this tool.

But I can't confirm the 40 point theory. I've been able draw more then 120 point and Photo didn't crash. Next try it crash around 50 points.

Meanwhile i set the recovery file interval to 30 sec - that seems to solve the problem. No crashes as far.

Correction: Crashes still occur :(

I can understand your frustration, but it's hard to fix a bug when it's not reproducible and there's no crash report or reference. I've been using the pen tool to trace a drawing for a few hours and it's fine (although I am using the mouse to be fair). 

6 hours ago, Chris J said:

Could someone please post the crash reference number here please (and send the crash report).

Many thanks.

Chris

I would be more than glad to post a crash report and or crash number. Where can I find the crash report and crash number (I’ve never seen a crash number). 

Here is my new video, in this one, AD crashed 3 times in a row while using pentool to trace an image

I opened Task Manager for you to monitor my computer resources when AD run

Hope this help developers to fix this or at least reproduce the error

I use AD for windows, and this happen to AP too

Thanks for the video. I managed to get it to crash in the debugger and indeed there is no crash report generated. (@crafcik There is normally a crash report window which pops up with a reference number which you can send us) Not sure yet why this is not happening here. Anyway, i'm now edging a little closer :). More soon.

3 hours ago, Chris J said:

Thanks for the video. I managed to get it to crash in the debugger and indeed there is no crash report generated. (@crafcik There is normally a crash report window which pops up with a reference number which you can send us) Not sure yet why this is not happening here. Anyway, i'm now edging a little closer :). More soon.

Thanks, I hope this will be fixed for the next update of AD/AP then all of Affinity Programs will be maximum awesome !

I'm glad I found this thread though not before creating my own about the same issue!

What I did want to add was that in Designer I tried starting a new document at 72dpi with and without the artboard and simply took the pen took and added lines and nodes and in  each case kept crashing at various numbers of nodes added.. in the project I'm trying to work on I had a couple of instances where the app crashed after adding only three or so new nodes!! I hope that helps further with fixing the issue..

Cheers