You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

alternative to fireworks pages. Not illustrator art boards

Im still looking for an alternative to fireworks pages. Here is why, you can put multiple iterations on each page. every item lined up precisely. this is not just about web products. Also for example nail polish design. All the colors vary but all the highlights MUST be in the exact same position. Cant do this with anything other than fireworks that I know of. Also with fireworks pages we could "share" an item across all the pages. So, I could lay down that highlight that I knew I wanted on every nail color but instead of it pasted on 22 pages its pasted on 1.

I just spent 2 hours saving out 22 pages of nail color including variations I was playing with regard to designs. like flowers painted on some and testing out placement. to do this had to convert to FXG. place in illustrator and then open the illustrator file in affinity designer. Files are editable but in 22 separate files. this does not let me flip through all the pages with a click like I did with fireworks. Best of my knowledge no other software program out there where you can do that. Illustrator as "art boards" but these are side by side. Not stacked. So not flippable.

any affinity product coming at all ever that can do this kind of productivity? and if not any other thing? Currently to use latest fireworks adobe insists users must rent ALL of their software. thats pretty expensive.

If illustrator can do "artboards" side by side this means its not beyond scope of imagination to have pages in anything. AND shared items. Affinity?

You're talking about Master Pages where you can create a Master page from which sub pages can be created with everything replicated on that master page, if you edit the master page all sub pages created using that master page will change to emulate the changes in the master page.

Affinity Photo cannot do that but I'm sure when Affinity Publisher app is released it will probably have Master pages. Maybe one of the devs/mods can enlighten us on this assumption?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Im was not actually just talking just about master pages. though now that you mention master pages Im adding that to what I want as well as "stackable pages" or as another user (Mithferionindicated in another thread "side by side" vs "one in place of the former one". Side by side is for print and does not help me with web page layouts and iterations of web banner ads etc. Not to mention all my other non-print crazy projects and ideas.

I do not need a print publication application. I need a versatile vector application program that lets me design and check not only design elements but the UI/UX across proposed web pages and cell phone screens. So I can preview the way a user would preview the finished project. BUT I do not want my vector program limited to website and cell phone layouts. I want versatile creativity so that I do not have to hop from app to app to app the way we now have to do with adobe and its greedy subscriptions.

I think the proposal by R C-R  with regard to layers is a very good one. See the very rudimentary mockup Doc below.

Master layer and page layers.afdesign

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

As I posted in the other Topic, here is another idea. I included a symbol on each layer because that way you can have variations on the main elements. Like having 2 Master Pages. Well, it's early in the morning... going to sleep again.

Best regards!

Web Site Design.afdesign

13 hours ago, dizeyner said:

I need a versatile vector application program that lets me design and check not only design elements but the UI/UX across proposed web pages and cell phone screens. So I can preview the way a user would preview the finished project.

I think I understand what you want but you have to consider that for web pages there will be very many different ways the finished project can be presented to different users, most of which you cannot control, & there are far too many of them than can be displayed side by side on even the largest of computer screens. Even the concept of "actual size" is ambiguous for web pages, so I doubt there is any way to get what you want with any app, much less with Designer.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7