You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can anyone help me. I am a new user to the software but am experiencing some technical issues.

I am running Affinity version 1.64.104 on Windows 10 fully updated. However a number of the tools on the left panel panel don't seem to be working in particular the selection brush tool.

Additionally having paid for the Affinity photo for beginners course I have been following through on some of the exercises. I have been trying to use the paint brush painting in black to reveal colour having applied a black & white adjustment to a photo. Instead of revealing colour its painting/revealing light green instead of the base colour which is yellow, I have attached a screen shot.

Apologies if this is a stupid query but I've tried everything

thanks

alan

screen shot.jpg

Try moving the White Balance adjustment above the Black and White adjustment layer, or make the Black and White adjustment layer a child of the image.

5aa2835122315_ScreenShot5.png.e2a927330f5778915a725ef2ec5fe3ab.png

5aa28317acc2a_ScreenShot6.thumb.png.170b2cd8b18b6bf76fb8ea11b6e2af11.png

Yellow lines.mp4

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me I really appreciate it.

Please find attached my attempt to copy your yellow lines mp4 ... Maybe you could have a look at what I'm doing wrong as it has made no difference to what I had tried before and looks nothing like your very good instructional video

Thanks again for your help

al

Yellow_Lines.mp4

You are using the Erase Brush Tool to paint on the mask layer

You should be using the Paint Brush Tool and set it to the colour black

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 hours ago, carl123 said:

You are using the Erase Brush Tool to paint on the mask layer

You should be using the Paint Brush Tool and set it to the colour black

Hey Carl. You can do either. Erasing is the same as a black brush on masks.

@Alan Leckey kind of an interesting photo. Bottom line is .... that's the color of your street lines.

In the original photo, next to the color of the cobblestones the lines appear yellow(ish). But next to the grey of the B&W they look green(ish).

Here's a section of the stripe with nothing done to it..... just masked off from the rest of the image on a white background.

Lookin' pretty green to me ;)

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 1.18.17 PM.png