You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request: Zoom to Fit Currently Selected Artboard

2 hours ago, yeffdaley said:

I'd like a function to "zoom to fit" the currently selected artboard. I think it would be helpful when working with many (large) artboards.

Thanks for considering it!

It depends on what you mean by 'zoom to fit the currently selected artboard'.

1. If the artboard is selected in the layers panel and thus is selected on the main document (= shows a blue bounding box with resize handles) you can press CTRL+ALT+0 (= zero) and it does what you are asking for.
  2. If your view is zoomed in to an artboard and some object on it is selected CTRL+ALT+0 will fit zoom to that particular object. Then you first have to click on its parent's artboard in the layers panel and then press CTRL+ALT+0 to zoom to this artboard.

Is this what you are looking for?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

2 minutes ago, dominik said:

It depends on what you mean by 'zoom to fit the currently selected artboard'.

1. If the artboard is selected in the layers panel and thus is selected on the main document (= shows a blue bounding box with resize handles) you can press CTRL+ALT+0 (= zero) and it does what you are asking for.
  2. If your view is zoomed in to an artboard and some object on it is selected CTRL+ALT+0 will fit zoom to that particular object. Then you first have to click on its parent's artboard in the layers panel and then press CTRL+ALT+0 to zoom to this artboard.

Is this what you are looking for?

d.

Thanks, D.

I'm looking for a solution to scenario 2 that doesn't involve clicking the artboard.

Just now, yeffdaley said:

I'm looking for a solution to scenario 2 that doesn't involve clicking the artboard.

Then it's a true feature request :)

I am sure this kind of 'fine tuning' will be introduced over time.

Cheers,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil