oddscenes

Freezing when picking fonts

When using Affinity Designer (latest macOS - Affinity Designer v1.6.1) As soon as I go to pick fonts to change fonts or add fonts the program freezes (edit: not crash, freeze). So I can't change any fonts.

The font selection works fine in Sketch, AdobeCS6 Photoshop etc.

Edited by oddscenes
typo

It has been reported before, not sure if there is a fix yet

For now you can still select fonts via the character panel if you need to get some work done urgently

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.

Hey oddscenes,

We believe a fix is in the pipeline for this and I'd hope to see it in the next beta. From what we can tell, it is caused by using a resolution over 5k on an external monitor. Can you confirm your setup please? 

The Character Panel uses the same Font Browser as the main toolbar. Instead, go to the Text menu item > Show Text Styles > Click 'Create Paragraph Style' (icon at the bottom left of the Text Styles panel) > In the new dialog, click Font > Font family.