You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Liza - Modeling - AP 1.6.4 Edits

VFXTobias

Thought I'd revisit some shots I did with Liza. Developed and edited in AP 1.6.4.

One thing I notice right off the bat is the colors are much less saturated once uploaded here than the same files appear in both AP and an external viewer locally.  I suspect the ProPhoto color profile is not compatible with the site or browsers.  Just a heads up.

LizaP_1780_V2.png

Liza_1736.png

Affinity Photo & Designer

Windows 10 64 bit. nVidia1080ti, 64GB RAM, i7 4.XK proc, Wacom Intuos Medium Tablet.

7 hours ago, GarryP said:

@VFXTobias Regarding the colours, have a look at the reply here https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/52599-bombs-away/#comment-283465 to a comment I gave about another forum post.

Maybe something could be added to the forum posting guidelines about this.

Thank you.  So I read that as we need to do some process conversions if we intend to share work here that is originally created in a Pro Photo workspace.

Affinity Photo & Designer

Windows 10 64 bit. nVidia1080ti, 64GB RAM, i7 4.XK proc, Wacom Intuos Medium Tablet.

I don't know the details but the pictures that are shown in the forum threads look different to those that are shown when you click on them.

I don't know if the software the forum uses - in general - is the same as that used when displaying an image when it's been clicked on. Maybe it's a plug-in that allows for a wider range of colourspaces than the main site.

It's a shame as the site doesn't show off the images as well as it could and that could potentially make the software look worse than it is.

Until there's a change it looks like - as you suggest - some kind of conversion process may indeed be needed if you want the image in the main thread to look as good as it does in AF.