You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a very small Logo - a colored rectangle with some white letters on it. So far so good.

Filesizes:

Designer = 1.5 mb

PDF = 1.4 mb (text in curves or as font, doesn't matter)
EPS =  45 kb (smallest size is the same)

Same thing as I do a new doc with a simple colored area an some text on it.

I think the EPS-size is worth the true estimated filesize here. But the AD and PDF filesize is so much more, is it overhead, just not compressed, or ...? And can I do something about this? Or will we gain more controll over PDF specific adjustments with the prepress overhaul?

I tried also to open the exportet PDF in Illustrator and save it as standrd .ai format = 3.1 mb filesize - wow!

Then I tried the EPS in Illustrator and saved it as standraf .ai format file = 95 kb. Bigger as the original but also ok.

Same thing with all files I do. It seems that AD provides larger PDF files than others. This is difficult for me caus size always matters ;)

See screenshot for difference.

post-4552-0-04496100-1424259607_thumb.png

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

Tony, due it's a project for a company and still not approved by it I'd like to send it to you via email and not via public download. Hope that's ok for you?!

Where should I send it?

I checked again for blend modes and found nothing like it which could cause a rasterization. I also made  a new doc with a red rectangle and only some white text on it (as a test) and it's 1.4 mb - much to big for the data. Any help will be appreciated :)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6