You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If I purchase AD will I be grandfathered in for life?

• Staff

Hi 2elig,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you buy Affinity Designer you will get up to one/two years of free updates (depending on how the development goes).

Most of them are already listed on our roadmap. After that you will be charged for subsequent updates.

So no, it's not a lifetime license.

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

Hi MEB :-)

Does this mean that after a few years Affinity Photo won't work on my MAC? Eek o_O

Is there a place where I can see the "timer" of how long my license has left?

Hi Arundel22,

It will always work :) It just means you won't get any updates after the free update period.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

No, there is no timer. You buy the product and you own it - you can continue to use it for as long as you're running a supported system. We'll update it for free to include new features and improvements for a limited amount of time before we move on to version 2.0 but that's not even on the horizon at the moment - we are going to get the products working how we'd like first before even thinking about the next version.

Miguel meant that you don't pay a one-off fee for this and all future versions: You pay the fee to buy the current version and all of its updates and improvements that we have placed on our roadmap for completion.