chaleco45

filterforge 7.0

Hi guys,i was suprised to see that the new AP version 1.6.4.104 was supporting Filter forge 7.0,but it was a misstake,i can start filter forge 7.0 within AP,but when i'm in filterforge and want to apply the filter AP freezes.

please help.

regards,charles

@Andreas Franke

I'm running the same versions of both AP and FF as you.  I've just tested this (open an image, open FF) on my machine; FF opens without problem and certainly doesn't crash AP!

Can you post the specific image you show in your screenshot so that other users can test it on their machines?  

Jeff

EDIT: it might also be useful to know which filter you were trying to apply, though it appears from your screenshot that the crash occurs before you can select a filter.

Edited by emmrecs01
Additional thoughts

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

I just realised this morning this happens if you have anything with the selection tool and when you open the ff plugin after you have done this, the crash happens ALWAYS. If you remove any selection the FF plugin does NOT crash and works. O.o

I've done a screencast: 

@Andreas Franke

@Filter Forge

Yes, I can reproduce this, though I do not experience an immediate crash; rather the error message in the attached screenshot appears, every time.  Perhaps the error message will help either the APh developers or the FF developer who I know is a member of this forum to diagnose and resolve the problem.

Jeff

ScreenShot00454.jpg

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:56 PM, Andreas Franke said:

I just realised this morning this happens if you have anything with the selection tool and when you open the ff plugin after you have done this, the crash happens ALWAYS. If you remove any selection the FF plugin does NOT crash and works. O.o

I've done a screencast: 

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the screencast. I'll pass it to our tester. I'll be here with an answer in a while.

In AP version 1.6.5.123 selection doesn't work properly. It gives Filter Forge wrong info and we can't work with it. So you can use Filter Forge without selections right now, and we hope we'll be able to contact the AP developers to fix this issue.