You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workbooks built into the Software

I know that being able to get digital copies of the Photo and Designer Workbooks is all the rage right now.  Mostly as in rage at not being able to do it.  However, I understand Serif's worry about the book being pirated and spread illegally after they put the time and effort in to it.  That being said, they have also put a lot of time and effort into the software as well.  So what if, along with brush packs and filters, we were able to purchase a license for the a digital copy of the workbooks but not in the traditional manner of thinking.  What if it were built into the software so that it wasn't an easily pirateable format?  Have a new window that is called "Tutorials" or "Workbooks" or something like that and that window houses each of the projects and instructions that are included in the workbook.  We could also build community tutorials as well that could be added into the same window.  Maybe have a "fleshing out" period for the community submitted ones, where others in the community or even Serif staff could be Beta testers for the tutorial, and if the merit is seen in the tutorial and it's not just a steaming pile.... then it gets added in as well.  Then not only would those demanding digital versions of the workbook be happy, but then even more information could be had by all and it would make it that much easier for the program to spread to new users.  Not to mention, if the book was built in to the software like that, then it could get incremental updates with the software as new features or functions become available

What are your thoughts?

9 hours ago, Chiyonosake013 said:

What if it were built into the software so that it wasn't an easily pirateable format?

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Nice lateral thinking I must say 

Ableton Live, which is a music production software, has built in tutorials in something that is similar to Affinty's palettes. See screenshot.

d.

ableton-live-built-in-tutorial.thumb.png.0c8fa1116f081e2c9e3043fbd83dabb2.png

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

6 hours ago, dominik said:

Exactly, something like this would be fantastic I think!  SolidWorks is a 3D CAD software that has something similar as well.  I should have referenced a real world example like you did too.  Thanks!

Ableton Live, which is a music production software, has built in tutorials in something that is similar to Affinty's palettes. See screenshot.

d.

ableton-live-built-in-tutorial.thumb.png.0c8fa1116f081e2c9e3043fbd83dabb2.png