You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

got a link instead, or try closing your browser and opening again or try a different browser.

I would have thought the easiest way would be to copy the guy onto another layer by cutting him out and then placing the light source on the layer below, and behind him?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 hours ago, AaravsPhotography said:

I want to add a point light (live filter) but not on the object. But behind from object. Like there is an actual source of light behind the object. Like in the attached image I want to add light(like a street light) coming behind him. So how do I do that? 

26 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

As firstdefence says.

This is a very crude example just to demonstrate

layers.jpg.9dcb9f3f8c81f7474c31f0fe339e7abb.jpg

Cut out and place the subject above the base image, then add a Live Filter Point light to the base image and adjust it how you want.

lady.jpg.427aac49f95bd728d10fe23da150e9b6.jpg

pointlight.jpg.a46eae6739e28c599ffa1678752fc0d7.jpg

live.jpg.84b4a08ffbcb679a2db687967ca1f752.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.