Dazmondo77

Designer Export multipage pdf???

Whats happened to the ability to export a multi artboard document as a multipage PDF? it now seems to default to creating just 1 page with all the pages on it after updating to 1.6.1. is there now a tick box for this? I just can't fathom why anyone would want this feature - I've just been given the go ahead by a client and just discovered this so now I have to create pdf pages separately and combine them in acrobat - bit of a ball ache as it will take 3 times longer than it used to?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009)

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor

Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan

Mainly use Affinity Designer & Photo 1.6 latest Beta when available

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Binger.jpg.dbc2377c814af388015aad8916c5b939.jpg

Hi Dazmondo77

Looking at other reports I'm going to guess you are using the export persona. Its seems there may have been a change here which i shall look into. If you go to file > Export and use the export dialog then you do get a Multipage PDF

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

The behaviour has now changed to spreads from export persona and separate multipage PDF from File, Export ???

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Thanks Chris didn't it used to be the other way round when using Menu export and export persona?

8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Hi Dazmondo77

I believe the export dialog always did multipage export or at least has for quite a while now. The export persona has been changed to make it more consistent with how other formats are exported with multiple artboards. The export persona is more designed for exporting more specific elements rather than full documents

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thanks for the answer Chris, it's good to know. However, I don't understand the change because I can't imagine a situation in which a user would like to export a multipage pdf into one page... The export persona being the go-to panel for exporting, it's a pity that what I consider a "default" export can't be access from it. Anyway, just my 2 cents...

Cheers,

On 7. 3. 2018 at 1:03 PM, Chris_K said:

Hi Dazmondo77

I believe the export dialog always did multipage export or at least has for quite a while now. The export persona has been changed to make it more consistent with how other formats are exported with multiple artboards. The export persona is more designed for exporting more specific elements rather than full documents

Cheers

Hello. So please make it possible to select specific artbards in standard export dialog. If I have artboards that I do not want to be included in final multipage PDF, I must delete them. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mayan said:

Hello. So please make it possible to select specific artbards in standard export dialog. If I have artboards that I do not want to be included in final multipage PDF, I must delete them. Thanks.

You can select the artboards you want in the Layers panel, then choose either Selection with Background or Selection without Background in the Export dialog rather than choosing Complete Document. That will give you a PDF file with just those artboards in it.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, April 2018 Update (1803), 16.0GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104 and 1.6.5.109 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104 and 1.6.5.109 Beta

14 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You can select the artboards you want in the Layers panel, then choose either Selection with Background or Selection without Background in the Export dialog rather than choosing Complete Document. That will give you a PDF file with just those artboards in it.

Thank you walt.farrel! Anyway, this is something that can be improved from the user perspective.