HaDAk

Unhandled Exception when trying to rearrange panels

Whenever I try to rearrange any panels (eg, drag the navigator panel off the bottom and put it on top), the program crashes.  I was having this issue in 1.6.3, and now in 1.6.4, too.

error.jpg

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your crashes. Did you send the report using the crash reporter? If not, can you make it crash again, send it using the tool and let us know the crash reference here.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

10 minutes ago, HaDAk said:

The reference is 248ec4b2-6553-4954-9c00-98f7a4e9b1ad

Hi, I've taken a look at your crash report, and it's crashing inside WinDockHook64.dll - do you have an application called WinDock installed? If so, this is the application that is causing the crash (within our application). We can look at stopping their app from crashing Affinity, but this might not be possible (perhaps they have an update available?).

Oh! That's good to know. Yes, I do. It manages my window snapping in a more reasonable manner on my 21:9 display.  I'll check for an update from them.  If nothing else, I can disable the program when I need to move panels around.  Thanks for the excellent sleuth work!

1 minute ago, HaDAk said:

Oh! That's good to know. Yes, I do. It manages my window snapping in a more reasonable manner on my 21:9 display.  I'll check for an update from them.  If nothing else, I can disable the program when I need to move panels around.  Thanks for the excellent sleuth work!

Just as an aside, a colleague (@Chris J) just went to download WinDock, and Chrome stopped the download, telling him there was a Virus (TrojanHorse) inside the executable. So we won't be downloading it to see if there is anything we can do to fix the problems - and you may want to give your system a scan, just in case!

Yeah, I just tried to grab the copy off their website and got the same thing.  Scanning my previously installed copy reveals no trojan. I'll talk to the dev and see if he's aware of the issue.

So, haven't heard back from the guy, but I did just download the file without Defender getting upset at me.  Maybe give it another shot?