I've recently started making tutorial videos for Affinity Photo, putting them up on YouTube. The channel is 'InAffinity'. There's already nine videos there.

The focus is mostly on short, specific 'how to's, including 'How to do X in N different ways'. Mostly because that's what I like. I'm an old engineer, photographer and educator, and have a tendency to seek detail and then share it. Once I get going, I'm usually pretty persistent. My 'other site' is ChangingMinds.org, which I've been writing for over 15 years.

For the technically curious, I'm using Camtasia as a recording/editing system, capturing at 1920 HD.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Thank you for your presentations. It is very interesting to see how others accomplish various tasks.  I learned several new tricks today.

Always good to see a channel dedicated to Affinity products since that's what I'm interested in.

Thank you for spending the time to help others.

High-End Photographic Prints

Any chance for an oil painting effect tutorial? The app lacks something to easily make that.

Good idea. I'll look into it. I've plans for loads of different 'effects' tutorials, but they all take time...

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.