You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changelog for releases

Does anybody know where the changelog for each release can be found? If there isn't one, could maybe the Affinity team start publishing changelogs?

I'm asking, because today the updater said a new version is available for download (v1.6.4.104), but I can't seem to find the list of changes/fixes (assuming it's following semver).

Thanks.

On 5.3.2018 at 6:48 PM, MEB said:

Hi Mihai,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Version 1.6.4.104 only fixes the crash in UI with HUION or Gaomon tablets.

Implementing the changelog on the site where you download the new version would be really nice.

With full shown changelog for the current version and for the older ones something like a drop-down field to safe space. You guys and girls should really think about this, it makes everything a lot easier and everyone sees it.

• Staff

Hi HolySoap,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We are looking into ways to improve things here.

Meanwhile you can find the changelogs in the News and Information  section on the forum. Here's the links for the full changelogs:

Windows

Affinity Photo for Windows - 1.6.4

Affinity Designer for Windows - 1.6.4

Macintosh

Affinity Photo for macOS - 1.6.7

Affinity Designer for macOS - 1.6.1

• 2 years later...

In every release announcement you'll see a changelog listed, like here:

Like that one, they are all listed here in pinned posts, and you can be notified of new releases by following this thread 

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 1 year later...

I too think the changelog info should be in the same page as the download, even if it's a hyperlink to the forum where it's posted, it will be immensely helpful to have that ready for us.

I wanted to see the changelog for Publisher, clicked trough the entire Affinity site, came to the forums, clicked through multiple forum sections browsing the topics, gave up and googled it. That's how I found this thread, but not the thread with the changelog.

Subscribing to a forum thread is a good idea (if you know which one), but if you don't act immediately upon receiving the notification for a new post, you'd still have to go through your email and search for that link, which will in turn also take up your time and you will potentially get distracted and forget what you were trying to do before the whole process started (as is the case with me).

Kindly please consider this thread, it would streamline updating the software by a lot.

Does not the "Latest Affinity releases on each platform by store" in the News and Information section give you links to the information you are looking for?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.