teamrjh

Feature Request: Add FITS file extensions

How about adding the FITS file extension so those of us who do Astrophotography can import the files directly into the Affinity Photo program without having to go through a 3rd party conversion program and stacking them in a 3rd party program then having to convert those LRGB images to TIFF extensions before importing the LRGB TIFF channels to Affinity Photo? It would sure be nice to just import the FITS images into the 'Add' Affinity stacking feature of Affinity then they would be easily moved to the channels without using third party programs before stretching and processing.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404, Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.145.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

Another request for FITS recognition by Affinity Photo. I'm using GIMP to convert FITS files to TIFF and then into Affinity. Not a problem, but would be nice to open directly.

Eric.

FITs compatibility is hugely important for Astro photography post processing. A lot of amateur astronomers grudgingly use photoshop as there is not suitable alternative. Affinity could fit in to this space if necessary tools are provided such as fits support and macros /tools more specific to Astro photography. 

+1, this feature would be fantastic for processing my astrophotography images instead of having to flick between different programs...