dmodric

Grayscale gradient image

Why I have this problem with greyscale gradients. Yuo can see on the upper image the gradient is smooth, but when I load that image in affinity photo I get this uneven transition. I have attached the original image.

Clipboard.png

celje_rgb0000.png

I downloaded your original, and opened it in Affinity Photo (Windows 10, 1.6.4.104 beta) and I don't have that problem.

I wonder if it's related to your performance settings in Preferences. If you open Preferences, and then Performance, what do you have set for View Quality, Dither Gradients, and Retina Rendering?

I have: Bilinear (Best quality); Dither Gradients is enabled; and Automatic (best).

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.767 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.767 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.742 Beta.

Then I'm afraid I have no other ideas. Perhaps someone else will have an answer.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.767 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.767 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.5.703 and 1.9.0.742 Beta.

Hi dmodric,
Like Walt mine is also displaying correctly. The only thing I can suggest is that your monitor colour profile is causing this. Could you post a screenshot of the Colour Management dialog's Devices tab.

Colour Management.png

Just now, dmodric said:

I will try later changing my color profile. This is custom color profile maybe is something wrong with it. 

Thanks

Clipboard03.png

It sounds definitely like it could be a problem with the profile. If you could attach the profile that would be great. In the meantime if you tick 'Use my settings for this device' and then add sRGB it should display correctly for you.

Changing to sRGB color profile make the image appear correctly. Thanks.

Now I have to figure out which software to use to calibrate my displays to be compatible with affinity. I have Spyder 5 calibrator which came with some simple calibration software so I used DIsplayCal.