You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RAW Picture Quality Issues (split)

I use Nikon D700 and Affinity Photo process my RAWs quite differ from Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Images are losing details and have incorrect tones and gamma. I did not find how to deal with it in Affinity. As a workaround, I can use Lightroom as RAW converter, then export to TIFF and can edit it in Affinity, which totally does not make any sense. Hope Affinity guys know this issue and working on that.

See an example below. It is just opened RAW files without any additional settings implemented. You can see how much details I loose in lips and eyelashes.

Affinity raw issues.jpg

• Staff

Each app uses it's own RAW engine, so the files are going to look different. Also Affinity Photos Develop Assistant also applies some adjustments when opening RAW files. If you open the assistant you can set these to Take No Action and then see how the image looks when reopened.

On 04/03/2018 at 10:46 PM, Shuttle said:

You can see how much details I loose in lips and eyelashes.

Are you sure the detail has been 'lost'? It is probably just not evident as the default shadows/highlights appear much darker that the PS/LR starting point. 

The RAW file should contain same detail in each case. You just need to play with settings to 'bring' it out.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

On 3/6/2018 at 6:15 AM, DM1 said:

Are you sure the detail has been 'lost'? It is probably just not evident as the default shadows/highlights appear much darker that the PS/LR starting point. 

The RAW file should contain same detail in each case. You just need to play with settings to 'bring' it out.

Actually finally I was able to retain same sharpness using details refinement in Affinity RAW converter. So it is not an issue anymore.

But color schema is deferent for sure.